Kingfisher Lodge, Exeter
Every now and then, it’s time to escape somewhere special with the kids and the dog – and Kingfisher Lodge is the perfect rural retreat. With open plan living and a spacious feel, this contemporary home from home has the kind of features that’ll make you want to stay for a lifetime.
Just imagine a starting your day with a long soak in your very own hot tub, before serving up an al fresco breakfast on the decking. This is a place that’s about listening to the birds sing while the children chatter…and those lakeside views are beautiful.
What’s a family escape without your pet in tow? Well we’re thrilled to say that Kingfisher Lodge welcome one dog along, so you’ll be able to enjoy the woodland setting with some walkies. Speaking of a woodland setting, Kingfisher Lodge sits on the tranquil South View Lodges resort. Built around three fishing lakes, the woodland resort covers six sleepy acres of unspoilt woodland, so you can switch off the phones and enjoy those views.
Back inside, and you’ll find a luxurious kitchen waiting to welcome the family foodie. You’ll be able to show off your culinary skills in style and serve it up on the balcony, before gathering the family back in the living space for a film while the log burner flickers. When it’s time for bed, that king size slice of Heaven in the master bedroom tops off every day, and the bedrooms are as beautifully decorated as the rest of the lodge.
The setting may be idyllic, but there’s plenty to do on those family days out too. The city of Exeter’s just a few miles from South View, and that means plenty of choice when it comes to dining, events and ways to keep the kids entertained. You’ll find the historic cathedral, the bustling quay and more shops than you can cover in a day, all waiting to welcome you.
- Open plan with the kitchen and dining area with access to the balcony
- Large corner sofa seating four, 52” Flatscreen TV with Freeview and DVD player and a log burning stove
- Open plan with the dining and living area with access to the balcony
- Electric oven with grill, electric hob, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher and washer dryer
- A coffee machine is available on request
- Open plan with the kitchen and living area with access to the balcony
- Table with four chairs
- King size bed, built-in wardrobes, bedside tables and lamps
- En suite
- Twin beds, wardrobe and a bedside table with a lamp
- Fully tiled with a bath, wash basin and WC
- En suite to Master Bedroom with a shower, wash basin and WC
- The lodge is accessed by four steps
- Private balcony to the front of the lodge with table, chairs and hot tub
- Lakeside setting with beautiful views
- Ample parking on-site
- Surrounded by six acres of wooded grounds you have the opportunity for walking, cycling, rambling, angling, golf and horse-riding
- There is a constant supply of logs for the log burning stove on request
- The lodge accepts one dog. Two small dogs may be accepted if requested at the time of booking
Features & Contact
South View Lodges
Shillingford St George